Coming on May 20th is The Police: Around The World – Restored & Expanded on DVD/CD, Blu-ray/CD, and DVD/LP — pressed on silver vinyl. The legendary live travelogue was originally available on VHS and laserdisc, with the film now seeing release on DVD and Blu-ray for the first time, with restored picture and remastered audio, as well as complete performances of four bonus songs featured in the documentary.
The Police: Around The World – Restored & Expanded includes never-before-released live audio on CD and LP. Boasting songs from their first two albums recorded in Japan, Hong Kong, and England.
As guitarist Andy Summers wrote in the collections’ liner notes, “Like Napoleon, we wanted the world. Out of the messy and fervent atmosphere in London at that time we conceived the idea to go all around the world and film the whole adventure. As far as we knew no rock band, at least, had ever done that. We had just about enough popularity to get booked around the globe. Plans were made.”
SOURCE: Press release
The DVD & Blu-ray / CD tracklisting of ‘The Police: Around The World Restored & Expanded’ is:
Next To You
Walking On The Moon
Born In The 50’s
Man In A Suitcase
Can’t Stand Losing You
Bring On The Night
Canary In A Coalmine
Voices Inside My Head
When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What’s Still Around
Shadows In The Rain
Don’t Stand So Close To Me
Truth Hits Everybody
Complete live performances of:
Walking On The Moon (Live from Kyoto)
Next To You (Live from Kyoto)
Message In A Bottle (Live from Hong Kong)
Born In The 50’s (Live from Hong Kong)
The CD version:
Walking On The Moon – Live from Kyoto
Next To You – Live from Kyoto
Deathwish – Live from Kyoto
So Lonely – Live from Kyoto
Can’t Stand Losing You – Live from Kyoto
Truth Hits Everybody – Live from Kyoto
Visions Of The Night – Live from Hammersmith
Roxanne – Live from Hammersmith
Born In The 50’s – Live from Hong Kong
Message In A Bottle – Live from Hong Kong
Bring On The Night – Live from Hong Kong
- Would you pay to see the Police one more time???
- Don’t you think that every few years the Police should go and hit the road like every other band does??? They get the big bucks and we get a great show — what’s the big deal???
- If given the chance would you pay to see the Police over Sting???
- How interested would you be in a new Police album featuring all new Sting songs??? Do you think they could simply pick up where they left off???
- Over the years have you caught yourself listening to each new Sting hit and thinking: “This would be so much better if it was the Police”???
CHECK IT OUT: The Police’s video for 1980’s “When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What’s Still Around”: