The Eagles have rolled out their initial 2022 North American tour dates. As it stands now, the band will kick off the year on February 19th at Savanna, Georgia’s Enmarket Arena and play through May 19th when the trek wraps on May 19th in Austin, Texas at Moody Center ATX. Along the way, the group will hit Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina; Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and Tampa, Florida; along with Atlanta, Georgia.
The band’s ongoing Hotel California shows feature an accompanying orchestra and choir, and kick off with the classic album. The band goes on to play a further 23 tunes — including a few dips into both Don Henley and Joe Walsh‘s solo catalogues.
In addition to Henley and Walsh, the Eagles also feature 43-year-veteran Timothy B. Schmit — along with the late-Glenn Frey‘s 28-year-old son Deacon Frey, as well as country legend Vince Gill.
Hotel California is now the third best-selling album of all time, having been certified 26-times Platinum by the RIAA for sales and streams of more than 26 million copies.
UPDATED: The Eagles 2022 tour dates (subject to change):
February 19 – Savanna, GA – Enmarket Arena
February 21 – Charlotte, NC – Spectrum Center
February 24 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center
February 25 – Fort Lauderdale, FL – FLA Live Arena
February 28 – Tampa, FL – Amalie Arena
March 2 – Raleigh, NC – PNC Arena
March 4 – Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
May 19 – Austin, TX – Moody Center ATX
June 17 – Arnhem, The Netherlands – Gelredome
June 20 – Liverpool, England – Anfield Stadium
June 22 – Edinburgh, BT Murrayfield Stadium
June 24 – Dublin, Aviva Stadium
June 26 – London, England – Hyde Park (with Robert Plant & Alison Krauss)
- Just released on vinyl for the first time is the Eagles‘ Live At The Forum ’76 album. The set was originally released back in 2017 as part of the Hotel California: 40th Anniversary Collection, and was taped in L.A. in October 1976.
- The live music takes up three LP sides while the final one features an exclusive etching of the artwork.
- The tracklisting to the Eagles’ ‘Live At The Forum ’76’ is: “Take It Easy,” “Take It To The Limit,” “New Kid In Town,” “James Dean,” “Good Day In Hell,” “Witchy Woman,” “Funk #49,” “One Of These Nights,” “Hotel California,” and “Already Gone”
- The Eagles‘ Hotel California was released on December 8th, 1976, and marked the group’s third chart-topper in a row, following 1975’s One Of These Nights and 1976’s compilation Eagles/Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975.
- Hotel California included two Number One hits featuring the group’s main songwriters and distinctive lead vocalists, with late guitarist Glenn Frey taking the lead on “New Kid In Town,” and drummer Don Henley singing the album’s famous title track. The album’s third single, “Life In The Fast Lane,” just missed the Top Ten, peaking at Number 11 in the spring of 1977.
- The album’s themes reflected the state of America through the decaying Los Angeles rock scene, which by the mid-’70s had changed from an earnest singer-songwriter community into a far more decadent lifestyle fueled by celebrity, money, and drugs.
CHECK IT OUT: The Eagles on September 18, 2021 performing “Hotel California” live in Denver: