Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp were once again spotted together — this time on September 16th in Bay Head, New Jersey. The two working class rock legends posed for a picture with a fan on a boardwalk and were seen enjoying lunch together at the local Duyne Grass Cafe.
According to industry sources, Mellencamp has been filming with Springsteen in New Jersey either for their collaborations on Mellencamp’s upcoming album — or something else. Last April, “The Boss” was spotted out to dinner with Mellencamp in his hometown of Bloomington, Indiana after laying down guitar and vocals on Mellencamp’s still-untitled 25th album.
- Back in February, John Mellencamp posted on his official website: “Mellencamp will soon return to the studio to finish recording his 25th album. Prior to the onset of the global pandemic, he has already cut 10 tracks and plans to record another 17 for the project.”
- No release date was announced.
- On December 9th, 2019, Bruce Springsteen and John Mellencamp teamed up at Manhattan’s Beacon Theatre for Sting and wife Trudie Styler‘s all-star concert to benefit The Rainforest Fund.
- The highlight of the ’80s-based show was Mellencamp’s rendition of “Jack & Diane,” followed by “The Boss” joining him for “Pink Houses” and Mellencamp returning the favor during “Glory Days,” before Springsteen played “Dancing In The Dark.”
- Also performing were the Eurythmics, Bob Geldof, Debbie Harry & DMC, Shaggy, Ricky Martin, and James Taylor, among others.
CHECK IT OUT: John Mellencamp in 2009 performing “Born In The U.S.A.” in tribute to Bruce Springsteen at the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C.: