Oversees sales management activities for 3 Central PA heritage radio stations.
- Recruit, hire and ensure ongoing training and development of Sales Executives.
- Go on sales calls and conduct in-field coaching to develop Sales Executives.
- Manage sales executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue targets.
- On-street presence, meeting with prospects and key clients, while assisting sales team with presentations and closings. Oversee all advertising sales activities.
- Direct sales activities and processes that generate new business while retaining and strengthening relationships.
- Set sales goals and guides goal-setting processes.
- Drive results, manage performance of sales team and holds team accountable against metrics.
- Oversee management of available advertising inventory. Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Review and adjust assigned client lists.
- Responsible for day-to-day station sales operations and achieving revenue objectives by impacting people (account executives and clients).
- Vehicle with valid driver’s license, insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Work independently but be a part of a team.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion and collection standards.
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices.
- Create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multitask.
- Push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills.
- Model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges and deadlines.
- Flexible and creative.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills with common software (i.e. Microsoft Office) and social networking platforms are required. Website administration is helpful but not required.
- 3 years of combined sales and/or management experience with a proven track record of success.
- College degree preferred but not required
- None required, however NAB or RAB course certifications are helpful.