Scorpions were honored at the European Culture Prize gala this past Saturday (August 28.) The event, which was held in the birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven, was dedicated to the celebration of the 250th anniversary of the composer’s birth.
Singer Klaus Meine and guitarist Rudolf Schenker accepted the award in person. They later shared a couple of photos from the event on social media and wrote: “What an honor… Thank you so much. It was truly a Night to remember.”
Scorpions recently completed work on their 19th album which is expected to be released early next year.
- The European Culture Prize is awarded to personalities, initiatives, artists, politicians or institutions for outstanding services and achievements about Europe and its people. The ceremony is held annually in different European cultural cities, and the prize sponsor is the European Cultural Forum in Dresden.
- The LP was recorded primarily at Peppermint Park Studios in Hannover, Germany.
- Their last release was in 2017, Born To Touch Your Feelings – Best of Rock Ballads, which was a collection of new and classic material.
LISTENERS COMMENTS Agree or Disagree? (Instagram)
- annamariabruzzese: Well deserved! ❤ Congratulations! You are the best!
- islamae_ortiz: It just makes him more defiant.
m_alfaro72: You guys deserve that and more!!!
generale1974: Stunning Boys!
CHECK IT OUT