Rick Springfield is hitting the road with Men At Work — led by Colin Hay, and John Waite for an 18-city summer tour. The trek will belatedly commemorate the 40th anniversaries of both Springfield’s Working Class Dog album as well as Men At Work’s Business As Usual.
The tour kicks off on August 5th in Saint Augustine, Florida at The Saint Augustine Amphitheatre and runs through September 3rd for a free concert in Las Vegas at the Fremont Street Experience.
Colin Hay performs tonight in Munhall, PA at Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall.
Rick Springfield plays on April 3rd in Ridgefield, Washington at Ilani.
John Waite will next perform on April 14th at Milwaukee’s Potawatomi Casino.
JUST ANNOUNCED: Rick Springfield / Men At Work / John Waite tour dates (subject to change):
August 5 – Saint Augustine, FL – The Saint Augustine Amphitheatre
August 6 – Stockbridge, GA- Stockbridge Amphitheater
August 7 – Raleigh, NC – Red Hat Amphitheater
August 10 – Catoosa, OK – Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
August 12 – Newkirk, OR – 7 Clans First Council Casino
August 13 – Irving, TX – The Pavilion – Toyota Music Factory
August 14 – Sugar Land, TX – Smart Financial Theatre
August 18 – Gilford, NH – Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
August 19 – Atlantic City, NJ – The Borgata Casino Resort
August 20 – Grantville, PA – Hollywood Casino
August 25 – Kettering, OH – Fraze Pavilion
August 26 – Toledo, OH – Toledo Zoo Amphitheater
August 29 – Phoenix, AZ – Celebrity Theatre
August 27 – Bay City, MI – Wenonah Park
August 30 – Los Angeles, CA – YouTube Theatre
September 2 – Lincoln, CA – Thunder Valley Resort & Casino
September 3 – Las Vegas, NV – Fremont Street Experience
SOURCE: Press release
- Rick Springfield‘s breakthrough album, Working Class Dog, was released on February 14th, 1981 and peaked at Number Seven on the Billboard 200. The album has sold over three million copies to date.
- The set featured Springfield’s signature hit, “Jessie’s Girl,” which topped the charts for two weeks. The single was bolstered by Springfield’s ongoing role as “Dr. Noah Drake” on the ABC soap opera General Hospital during its heyday.
- Working Class Dog also featured a cover of Sammy Hagar‘s “I’ve Done Everything For You,” which peaked at Number Eight.
- “Jessie’s Girl” went on to win the 1981 American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Single and Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal.
- Men At Work was a massive hit out of the gate with its debut set, Business As Usual, topping the Billboard 200 for a whopping 15 weeks.
- The band scored back-to-back 1982 Number Ones for the set’s first two singles — “Who Can It Be Now?” and “Down Under.”
- Men At Work, who won the 1983 Grammy Award for Best New Artist, holds the distinction of being the only Australian artist to have a simultaneous Number One album and single in the U.S.
CHECK IT OUT:Rick Springfield with Sammy Hagar on November 12th, 2021 performing “I’ve Done Everything For You” live in Las Vegas:
CHECK IT OUT: Colin Hay on February 28th, 2020 performing “Down Under” live in Los Angeles:
CHECK IT OUT:John Waite on November 7th, 2021 performing “Change” live in Armore, Pennsylvania: