Coming on September 9th is the last concert from Kiss‘ ongoing archival “Off The Soundboard” series. Live In Des Moines 1977 was recorded during the Alive II tour on November 29th, 1977 in Des Moines, Iowa at Veterans Memorial Auditorium, featuring the band’s original and classic lineup of Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss.
The tracklisting to Kiss’ Off The Soundboard: Live In Des Moines 1977:
“I Stole Your Love”
“King Of The Night Time World”
“Let Me Go, Rock ‘N Roll”
“I Want You”
“Calling Dr. Love”
“Shout It Out Loud”
“God Of Thunder”
“Rock And Roll All Nite”
“Detroit Rock City”
Kiss performs tonight (June 28th) in Stuttgart, Germany
Their next U.S. show is set for September 21st at West Palm Beach’s IThink Financial Amphitheatre.
- Last March saw the second release on Kiss‘ official live bootleg series, “Off The Soundboard,” with Live In Virginia Beach. The show was taped on July 25th, 2004 at Virginia’s Virginia Beach Amphitheatre.
- The show was part of the band’s “Rock The Nation” tour, which was the first to feature the current lineup of Kiss — co-founders Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons along with lead guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer.
- Kiss‘ second double-album set, Alive II, was released on October 24th, 1977 and peaked at Number Seven on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
- The album featured selections from the band’s three studio albums they released after the watershed release of 1975’s Alive! — 1976’s Destroyer and Rock And Roll Over, along with 1977’s Love Gun.
- The album also included a side featuring five newly-recorded studio tracks.
CHECK IT OUT: Kiss’ 1977 Alive II TV commercial: