Green Day posted a snip of new music on their social media pages.
The short video is the latest in a series of teasers from the band in recent months.
This new 10-second clip features the logo of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong’s defunct Adeline Records, some footage of graffiti being sprayed, a studio, and the band driving around in a convertible car.
At one point in the clip, the numbers “1972” flash up on screen yet again, just like in the previous teases.
Fans online pointed out that all three members of the band… Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, were born in 1972, and that it could be a 50th birthday album.
In the meantime, Green Day continues on the road with stops in the UK and Europe later this summer.
- 1 – Berlin, Kindl-Bühne Wuhlheide
- 3 – Nürburg, Rock am Ring
- 7 – Copenhagen, Forum
- 9 – Ålesund, Color Line Stadion
- 11 – Johanneshov, Tele2 Arena
- 15 – Milan, Milano Summer Festival
- 16 – Florence, Firenze Rocks Festival
- 18 – Hradec Králové, Rock For People
- 19 – Vienna, Ernst-Happel Stadion
- 21 – Antwerp, Sportpaleis
- 22 – Groningen, Stadspark
- 24 – London, London Stadium
- 25 – Huddersfield, John Smith’s Stadium
- 27 – Dublin, Venue TBA
- 29 – Glasgow, Bellahouston Park
- 2 – Paris, La Defense Arena