Gene Simmons makes no bones about the fact that the Kiss‘ stage show changed everything that came after it. The band is currently on its extended “End Of The Road” farewell tour and chatted with Classic Rock. Simmons explained, “We wanted to put the band together that we wanted to see on stage. One that had no rules, and a visual element like no one else, and where you could combine Fourth Of July into the show. Why? Because this thing called rock has no rules. So when you go to a wrestling match and you see fireworks shows, or you see Sir Paul McCartney –and I adore the ground he walks on, remember — and you see fireworks and pyro, where do you think he got that from, the Carpenters?”
When pressed as to what emotions he’ll feel stepping off the stage after the tour’s absolute final gig, Paul Stanley admitted, “What won’t I feel? It’s monumental. It’s overwhelming. It will be incredibly emotional, trying to absorb the enormity of what we’ve done, and I’m quite certain, besides the laughter, there’s going to be enough tears to go around.”
Kiss performs on August 20th in Melbourne, Australia at Rod Laver Arena.
The band’s next U.S. show is set for September 21st at West Palm Beach’s IThink Financial Amphitheare.
- Out now is Kiss‘ Super Deluxe 45th anniversary edition of the band’s classic 1976 Destroyer album.
- Kiss – Destroyer 45th is available as a four-CD / Blu-ray Audio box set as well as on standard double black vinyl and limited edition yellow and red double colored vinyl, double-CD set, and across digital platforms.
- Disc One includes the original album newly remastered at Abbey Road Mastering, while Disc Two features 15 demos from Paul Stanley’s and Gene Simmons’ personal archives — nine of which are unreleased.
- Disc Three is packed with studio outtakes, alternate versions / mixes and single edits .
- Disc Four contains an electrifying performance from the band’s visit to Paris France at the L’Olympia on May 22nd, 1976.
- Additionally, the Super Deluxe box features “an extravagant array of collectable KISS memorabilia and ephemera, including a complete recreation of the original KISS Army Kit with the original folder.”
CHECK IT OUT: Kiss on May 4th, 2022 performing “I Love It Loud” live in Lima, Peru: