Members of Foo Fighters have helped design a bicycle that will sell for charity. Taylor Hawkins and Nate Mendel are helping to raise money for Crew Nation, a global relied fund to support live music crews affected by the canceling of concerts during the pandemic.
Inspired by his nickname of The Hawk, Taylor’s design is a sleek, black, bike and has a dramatic black and yellow stripe and features hawk silhouettes.
Mendel’s bike is based on Foo Fighters’ latest album, Medicine At Midnight, and has a nickel front frame to highlight the band’s logo.
Other artists involved with the campaign include: Rise Against, Phoebe Bridgers, and Radiohead.
In all, 14 specially designed bikes are up for auction at Greenhouse Auctions, with 100% of the profits going directly to Crew Nation.
- Place your bid here: Brompton x Crew Nation – Greenhouse Auctions
- Drummer, Taylor Hawkins was born in Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Hawkins was once drummer for Alanis Morissette.
- Bass player, Nate Mendel was born in Richland, Washington.
- Mendel joined Foo Fighters in October of 1994.