The music from Dave Grohl‘s fictional thrash band Dream Widow will be released as a digital EP today (March 25th), with physical formats coming at a later date. The Dream Widow music was featured prominently in the recent Foo Fighters horror comedy film, Studio 666, which is now available on demand.
Last month, Grohl — as self proclaimed “f***ing ’80s thrash-metal kid” told Rolling Stone he’s been heavily influenced by the bands he worshiped back in the day: “I have my favorites. You’ll hear a lot of those influences in ‘Lacrimus dei Ebrius’ (a 13-minute metal epic performed in the film) because for that song, I put maybe four or five of these sections together in this big, long thing.”
- Foo Fighters gave just announced they will perform on April 3rd on The 64th Annual Grammy Awards.
- The telecast will air live on CBS from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena and hosted by Trevor Noah.
Foo Fighters are nominated for three Grammy’s this year:
- Best Rock Album: Medicine At Midnight
- Best Rock Performance: “Making A Fire”
- Best Rock Song: “Waiting On A War”
CHECK IT OUT: Dave Grohl / Dream Widow’s 2022 track “March Of The Insane”: