Dave Grohl thrilled fans with a mini-concert on October 5th at Manhattan’s Town Hall. Ultimate Classic Rock reported Grohl, who was promoting his new memoir The Storyteller – Tales Of Life And Music, played drums along to Nirvana‘s classic Nevermind track “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” as well as acoustic readings of his Foo Fighters gems “My Hero” and “Everlong.”
Foo Fighters will next perform on October 22nd in Atlanta at the Shaky Knees Festival.
- Foo Fighters will headline the upcoming fourth annual Innings Festival set for February 26th and 27th, 2022 at Arizona’s Tempe Beach and Tempe Arts Park. Among the other notables on the bill are My Morning Jacket, St. Vincent, Low Cut Connie, Dashboard Confessional, and more.
- Foo Fighters‘ “Everlong” was released on May 20th, 1997 on the band’s second studio set, The Colour And The Shape.
- Written by Dave Grohl, the song featured Grohl on rhythm guitar, drums, and vocals; Pat Smear on lead guitar; and Nate Mendel on bass.
- “Everlong” peaked at Number Three on Billboard Alternative Songs chart, and took on a life of its own when Dave Grohl performed a solo acoustic version on The Howard Stern Show.
- In 2013 “Everlong” was ranked Number One Rolling Stone‘s “Best Foo Fighters Songs Readers Poll” as well as Triple M’s 2014 list of “Modern Rock 500” tracks.
CHECK IT OUT: Dave Grohl on Tuesday drumming along to “Smells Like Teen Spirit” in NYC: