Due to the ongoing pandemic, Aerosmith has scrapped its entire European tour. The band were due to launch the trek on May 28th in Moscow, Russia and wind things down on July 13th in Krakow, Poland with stops set for Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, France, Denmark, Britain, Czechoslovakia, Austria, and Hungary.
The band posted a message on social media, which reads:
It is with deep regret we must announce that our European Tour, scheduled to take place in June and July 2022, has been cancelled. We have continued to monitor the ongoing COVID situation and with the related uncertainty around travel logistics and the continued presence of COVID restrictions and other issues, it has become clear that it will not be possible to go ahead with our summer shows in the region.
The health, safety and well-being of our fans is our number one priority. We will be back to rock out with everyone and we hope to have some exciting news to announce soon. Your ticket point of purchase will be in touch shortly with further information. Until then, take care and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
Aerosmith next performs on September 8th at Boston’s Fenway park.
- Released as part of Record Store Day is Aerosmith‘s 1971: The Road Starts Hear.
- The vinyl set features the pre-fame version of the group in its Boston rehearsal space tackling eight tunes — including early takes of their signature classics “Dream On” and “Mama Kin.”
- 1971: The Road Starts Hear will be limited to only 10,000 vinyl copies and 2,000 cassettes.
- The tracklisting to Aerosmith’s ‘1971: The Road Starts Hear’ is:
- Side One: “Rehearsal Room,” “Somebody,” and “Reefer Headed Woman / Walkin’ The Dog”
- Side Two: “Movin’ Out,” “Major Barbra,” “Dream On,” and “Mama Kin”
CHECK IT OUT: Aerosmith performing “Come Together” from Rocks Donnington 2014: