Courtesy of Bowling Green Athletics
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – The Bowling Green Falcons wrapped up competition at the Penn State National Open with another spectacular day, highlighted by top-10 finishers and multiple marks that will be added to the program records. Brianna Richard and Sabrina Imes placed first and third, respectively, in the triple jump, with both recording a mark that rank in the program’s top 12. Zaresha Neal was the runner-up in the shot put, registering a yet another mark that is in BGSU’s top 15 of all-time.
Kylee Cubbison (4th) and Olivia Collett (7th) produced strong results for Bowling Green in the 3K, with both entering the program’s top 16. Adding a top-five finish for the Orange and Brown was Bianca Staples, who was fourth in the high jump. Tianna Mulligan ran the fifth-fastest 600 in school history, while the Distance Medley Relay team of Izzy Best, Raegan Burkey, Cubbison, and Katerina Shuble finished sixth with the seventh-best time in BGSU history. Additionally, Katherine Mendenhall (8th in the high jump) and Jemeila Hunter (10th in the 200) collected top-10 finishes for the Falcons.
Bowling Green Results
10. Jemeila Hunter – 25.05
6. Tianna Mulligan – 1:39.58
4. Kylee Cubbison – 9:45.80
7. Olivia Collett – 9:55.15
4. Bianca Staples – 5-5.00 (1.65m)
8. Katherine Mendenhall – 5-3.00(1.60m)
17. Jenna Lucas – 5-1.00 (1.55m)
1. Brianna Richard – 40-8.75 (12.41m)
3. Sabrina Imes – 40-0.00 (12.19m)
2. Zaresha Neal – 53-11.25 (16.44m)
15. Ebonie Whitted – 43-1.50 (13.14m)
16. Reagan Emberton – 42-11.50 (13.09m)
Distance Medley Relay
6. Izzy Best, Raegan Burkey, Kylee Cubbison, Katerina Shuble – 11:56.57
– Brianna Richard had a season-best mark of 40-8.75 in the triple jump, which is the second-best of her career and eighth-best in school history.
– Sabrina Imes had a PR in the triple jump, reaching a mark of 40-0.00. That is the 12th-best mark in program history, with only three other athlete recording a better mark.
– Zaresha Neal’s shot put mark of 53-11.25 is her best of the season and ranks 14th in school history. Neal now holds five of the top 15 and eight of the top 20 shot put marks in program history.
– Running the 3K for the second time in her career, Kylee Cubbison finished fourth at 9:45.80, which is the eighth-best time in program history.
– Olivia Collett had a PR in the 3K, placing seventh in 9:55.15. This is the 16th-best time in school history.
– Tianna Mulligan ran the 600 for the first time in her career, finishing in 1:39.58. This is the fifth-fastest time in school history.
– The DMR team of Best, Burkey, Cubbison, and Shuble finished with a time of 11:56.57, which is the seventh-best in program history.
The Falcons will travel east to compete in the Akron Invite, hosted by the University of Akron on Feb. 3-4.