During a new chat with AudioInkRadio.com, Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard assured fans that once the pandemic breaks, they can expect to see the band back out on the road. He promised, “Pearl Jam will definitely be back. I think we’ll probably be on the road. I mean, my hope is that we’ll start playing some shows in the fall or early winter. I don’t know what they’re gonna be or when they’re gonna be, but that’s my hope. And after that, we’ve got a lot of makeup shows to do. We’ve got a lot of work to do.”
As to whether the band will focus on road work or recording, Gossard said, “We’re always kind of recording and doing stuff. So, it wouldn’t surprise me if we did some more recording, but there’s no plans as of now. I have no idea what we’re gonna do, but I’ll be ready to go when I get the call.”
Pearl Jam will be represented on the upcoming July 17th Record Store Day with a re-release of the band’s 1991 “Alive” 12-inch single, which is limited to 18,000 copies.
The disc features three bonus tracks — including a cover of the Beatles‘ “I’ve Got A Feeling.” 6,300 copies of the single will also be issued on cassette.
- On April 16th, Duff McKagan will release The Living: 1982, a seven-track set of 1982 tracks by his pre-Guns N’ Roses band, the Living, will.
- The album will be released “digitally and on three different color variants of vinyl” via Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard’s label, Loosegroove.
- Drummer Greg Gilmore played Gossard and fellow Pearl Jam bandmate Jeff Ament in Mother Love Bone. Duff McKagan said in a statement, “Would this even ever get out of our basement? We had something magical then, and it was ours, so who gives a f***!”
- Pearl Jam‘s latest album, 2020’s Gigaton, entered the Billboard 200 albums chart at its peak position at Number Five.
- Gigaton is Pearl Jam’s 11th studio album, and all 11 of those have reached the Top Five on the chart.
- Recently released on vinyl and CD is Pearl Jam’s 1992 MTV Unplugged appearance.
- The set was officially released back in October for Record Store Day, featuring seven tracks: “Oceans,” “State Of Love And Trust,” “Alive,” “Black,” “Jeremy,” “Even Flow,” and “Porch.”
CHECK IT OUT: Pearl Jam performing “Alive” in during their 2017 Rock Hall induction: