Motley Crue will officially start celebrating the band’s 40th anniversary on Sunday, January 17. That’s the official date of when Nikki Sixx first jammed with Tommy Lee and vocalist/guitarist Greg Leon.
Fans can go online to Facebook and sign the Motley Cure card and post their thoughts on the band and tag it with #Happy Birthday To Crüe.
Nikki Sixx commented on the big event and said: “It’s always been about great songs and over-the-top live shows for us. The fans were always right by our side. I don’t know where all of the years went. It went by in a flash. What I can’t forget are the four decades of fans who have counted themselves as Crüe heads from day one.”
Motley Crue has sold over 100 million albums worldwide, achieving seven USA platinum and multi-platinum albums, 22 Top 40 mainstream rock hits, six Top 20 pop singles, and have earned three Grammy nominations.
- The band has had 1.6 billion streams across digital providers.
- They have over 8 million social media followers.
- In 2006, the band was inducted into the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
- Crue has sold over 100 million tickets globally.
- The band’s biography The Dirt: Confessions Of The World’s Most Notorious Rock Band, first published in 2001 and became a New York Times best-seller and has sold over one million copies worldwide.
- In addition, the band members have authored three other New York Times best-sellers.
- Crue is set to co-headline a nearly sold out North American stadium tour with Def Leppard, Poison, and Joan Jett in June, July, August and September 2021.
CHECK IT OUT