Released today (April 23rd) is Peter Frampton’s latest instrumental collection, titled, Frampton Forgets The Words. The album — billed to the Peter Frampton Band –features the Grammy Award-winning legend’s new takes on Radiohead‘s “Reckoner,” Lenny Kravitz‘ “Are You Gonna Go My Way?,” George Harrison‘s “Isn’t It A Pity,” Roxy Music‘s “Avalon” and Jaco Pastorious‘ “Dreamland,” among others.
Earlier this year, Frampton announced the set in a post to fans on his social media platforms, saying, “This album is a collection of ten of my favorite pieces of music. My guitar is also a voice and I have always enjoyed playing my favorite vocal lines that we all know and love. These tracks are my great band and me paying tribute to the original creators of this wonderful music. So much fun to do and I really hope you enjoy it too.”
The tracklisting to Frampton Forgets The Words is:
“If You Want Me To Stay” – Sly & The Family Stone
“Reckoner” – Radiohead
“Dreamland” – Michael Colombier featuring Jaco Pastorius
“One More Heartache” – Marvin Gaye
“Avalon” – Roxy Music
“Isn’t It A Pity” – George Harrison
“I Don’t Know Why” – Stevie Wonder
“Are You Gonna Go My Way” – Lenny Kravitz
“Loving the Alien” – David Bowie
“Maybe” – Alison Krauss
- In the fall of 2019, Peter Frampton wrapped his North American farewell tour and returned to such hallowed venues and Madison Square Garden and the Forum in L.A. — arenas he hadn’t played in 40 years.
- Frampton was forced to quit the road upon discovering he’s suffering from a degenerative muscle disease called Inclusion-Body Myositus (IBM), that slowly weakens the body’s muscles.
- Peter Frampton‘s 2019 album All Blues topped the Billboard’s Blues Chart for a whopping 15 weeks.
- His 2020 autobiography, Do You Feel Like I Do?: A Memoir, debuted on The New York Times Bestsellers list.
- Frampton recently teamed up with the Doobie Brothers for a virtual cover of Eric Clapton‘s “Let It Rain” from his classic 1970 self-titled debut.
- Peter Frampton currently has several other projects in various states of completion; a solo acoustic album, and an all-blues collections featuring outtakes from the recent All Blues chart-topper.
CHECK IT OUT: Peter Frampton Band – “Avalon” (Track by Track):