Nirvana drummer and Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl will publish his autobiography, The Storyteller – Tales Of Life And Music, on October 5th via the Day Street Book imprint.
Billboard reported the book was born out of Grohl’s @davestruestories Instagram account, which led him to believe he had a story worth telling: “I soon found that the reward I felt every time I posted a story was the same as the feeling I get when playing a song to an audience, so I kept on writing. The response from readers was a soul-filling as any applause in an arena. So, I took stock of all the experiences I’ve had in my life — incredible, difficult, funny and emotional — and decided it was time to finally put them into words. . . From my early days growing up in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., to hitting the road at the age of 18, and all the music that followed, I can now share these adventures with the world, as seen and heard from behind the microphone. Turn it up!”
According to the official press release, The Storyteller promises, “. . . hilarious childhood mishaps, touching family moments, leaving home to see the world at eighteen, to spectacular stories about Nirvana, Foo Fighters, David Bowie, Joan Jett, Iggy Pop, Paul McCartney, playing drums for Tom Petty on Saturday Night Live, performing at the White House, and even swing dancing with AC/DC, with all love, laughs, loss, and embarrassments along the way.”
- The latest Foo Fighters album, Medicine At Midnight, entered the Billboard 200 albums chart at Number Three this week. The band was able to hit the top spot on the magazine’s Top Album Sales list.
- So far, Medicine At Midnight has topped the charts on the Australian, Belgian, Dutch, German, Irish, New Zealand, Scottish, Swiss, and UK album charts.
- Foo Fighters are among the artists that made the shortlist for the 2021 Rock and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees.
- The other inductees for the 36th annual induction Ceremony are Tina Turner, Todd Rundgren, Devo, the Go-Go’s, Iron Maiden, Dionne Warwick, New York Dolls, Carole King, Chaka Khan, Mary J. Blige, Kate Bush, JAY-Z, Fela Kuti, LL Cool J, New York Dolls, and Rage Against The Machine. Inductees will be announced in May 2021.
- The 2021 Rock and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on October 30th in Cleveland’s Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse.
CHECK IT OUT: A sample from Dave Grohl’s The Storyteller – Tales Of Life And Music: